চৌরঙ্গি রোডে বারোয়ারি দিঘী, এবং ম্যাকলে সাহেবের বাড়ি, c১৮৩৩?
The General’s Tank was one of the three large artificial reservoirs in the Chowringhee district of Calcutta. It was just south of the junction with Park Street. This print also shows the house of Thomas Babington Macauley, who was a Law Member of the Supreme Council of India, and worked on the reorganisation of the Indian legal system necessitated by the New India Act of 1834. He lived at number 33, Chowringhee Road, from 1834 to 1838. Thereafter the building became the headquarters of the Bengal Club.
This lithograph derives from plate 16 from ‘Views of Calcutta’ –an album of paintings by William Wood.