Cheetah Chasing A Deer, Barrackpore Park, c1802

চিতা শিকার-খেলার দৃশ্য, ব্যারাকপুর লাটবাগান, c১৮০২
Here is a colourful description of a cheetah hunt in Lord Wellesley’s Park at Barrackpore. A cheetah is chasing a deer with huntsmen on horseback and elephant at Barrackpore, located 14 miles from Calcutta and was originally a permanent barracks. When Marquess Wellesley took over the Commander-in-Chief’s residence in 1801, he decided to make improvements to the area. He created a summer residence for future Governor-Generals’ and he landscaped the gardens while adding an aviary, a menagerie and a theatre. As a result, Barrackpore Park became a popular place for leisure pursuits, including organised hunts, as seen in this image.
Watercolour by Sir Charles D’Oyly (1781-1845) painted in c1802

Government House – Gateway, Calcutta, 1865

লাট ভবনের সিংহদ্বার, কলকাতা, ১৮৬৫
This Government House was a palatial residence for the Governors-General of Calcutta, commissioned by Marquess Wellesley in 1798. Captain Charles Wyatt, the architect, based the building on designs for Kedleston Hall in Derbyshire, with specific changes to combat the heat of Calcutta by allowing greater movement of air through the building. There were also four ceremonial gateways, two of which crossed Esplanade Row; their design was based on Adam’s archways at Syon House in Middlesex. This is a part of an album entitled ‘Photographs of India and Overland Route’
The photograph was taken in 1865 by Oscar Mallitte

Panoramic View Of Government House and Missionary Buildings, Calcutta, 1860

অক্টারলনি মিনার থেকে উত্তরে লাট ভবনের দৃশ্য, ১৮৬০
The Government House, in the centre of the print, had been the official residence of the Governor-General since it was commissioned by Marquess Wellesley in 1798. It was made of brick covered in gleaming white plaster, and was a showpiece building for the showpiece capital of the British in India. The architect Captain Charles Wyatt (1759-1818) was an officer in the Bengal Engineers. He based his design on James Paine’s and Robert Adam’s plans for Kedleston Hall in Derbyshire, which, with its central block and four detached wings linked to the centre by curving corridors, allowed good circulation of air. Four ceremonial gateways were included, two of which crossed Esplanade Row. Their design was based on Adam’s archways at Syon House in Middlesex.
This is part of the panoramic views of Calcutta from the Ochterlony Monument, taken by Samuel Bourne in the 1860s.